Install Gmount-iso On Ubuntu 11.04 “Natty Narwhal”
Gmount-iso is a small tool written using PyGTK and Glade. It allows you to easily mount your cd images. This is a frontend to the ‘mount -o loop -t iso9660 foo.iso /mountpoint’ command. Convert your CDs and unprotected DVDs into “virtual CDs” — disc images that run directly on your hard drive, replacing physical discs and saving wear and tear on your CD-ROM drive. Share virtual CDs over a network, and enjoy access rates up to 200 times faster than physical CDs, boosting the performance of PC games, photo CDs, and disc-based applications. Play disc-based applications directly on your hard drive..
Watch in HD on YouTube
To install Gmount-iso open your Ubuntu Software Center (press Alt+F2 and type: software-center or click on the launcher in the left panel) and search for gmount. Select the search result and click on the Install button. To start Gmount-iso press Alt+F2 and type: Gmount-iso.
To load an iso:
1. Click on the first Open button and load the iso image.
2. Click on the second Open button and select an EMPTY folder.
3. Click on the Mount button.
4. Click on the Jump to Button.
To release an iso:
1. Click on the Unmount button.
2. Click on the Clear button.
3. Click on the Close button. Views:1613